Recently I found a link to an article on the ft.com. I wanted to read it but I did not have account on their website (the article is available here). Whenever I clicked on a link I could see the title and a box asking me to log in. Closing the box redirected me to the main page.
The solution to this was pretty simple.
- Go to Google.
- Paste into the search box the url:
- Click translate.
- Click original.
- And I could read Financial Times in original version, check it out.
As a result I could read the article in English without having an account on ft.com.
UPDATE: it works for me only in Chrome, does not work in Firefox ver. 24.0.
- If it does not want to translate from English to English, just pick any source lanuguage and then click Original.
- It also does not work in IE 10, but works in IE 7.
- To do the same trick you may go to translate.google.com paste an url in the text box and click translate.